Tuesday 24 August 2010

50th Birthday Easel Card for Kevin from Peter

Today is our friend Kevin's 50th birthday. He is currently celebrating by living the high life in New York on holiday. Peter asked me to make Kevin a birthday card for him and gave me a very specific brief - the card had to have a 50 on it, be turquoise and black and feature champagne. With that specific brief I didn't have to think too much, it was quite easy! I love easel cards and this is what I came up with and I was really pleased how it turned out. Peter said it was "stunning" so I just hope Kevin likes it too!

The card was made using SU! Tempting Turquoise and Basic Black CS plus some gorgeous SU! Groom Specialty Paper. The image was simply stamped with black ink and I've added some ultrafine crystal glitter here and there. The 50 was made with circle punches and number dies. I couldn't resist adding some bling in the form of turquoise gems to the scalloped border on the bottom of the card!



We spent a weekend with Kevin earlier in August when he had his 50th birthday party. Peter had themed the party decor to be turquoise and black and I made some table decorations. Just some simple punched and die cut stars to go on each of the five tables - we sprinkled in some 50 confetti too. Here's a photo showing one of the tables, you can click it to get a larger view.



Supplies:
Stamps: Funstamps Celebrate
CS: SU! Tempting Turquoise & Basic Black
Patterned paper: SU! Groom Specialty Paper
Ink: VersaFine Onyx Black
Tools: QuicKutz Scallops 12" border die, circle punches, Sizzix Rat-A-Tat alphabet die set, Sizziz Stars #2 die, star punches
Embellishments & accessories: SU! Tempting Turquoise grosgrain ribbon, Crystal ultrafine glitter, Kaisercraft turquoise gems, silver brads

Photobucket

No comments:

01 09 10