Thursday 29 July 2010

Trio of Embossed Tree Kickstand Cards

I visited the Glitter Pot last week - the new, larger shop is in walking distance of my house, yay - exciting but could be dangerous LOL! I saw a gorgeous embossed tree kickstand card on display and I fell in love with the design so I just had to get the tree embossing folder and Basic Grey paper so I could CASE it. In fact, I loved the card so much, I've made three! These cards were all used to send to good friends to say thank you for Owen's birthday gifts.

They had a few cards on display made with embossing folders that caught my eye so I ended up leaving the shop with four new folders. I used one new one on the Christmas card I uploaded yesterday. I see lots of dry embossing in my future!

This is the first card I made using the same colours and Basic Grey paper that the original Glitter Pot card had. To make the card base, I cut textured white CS to 22 x 15 cms and then scored at 13 cms on the long side. The white rectangular front panel measures 15 x 11 cms. I embossed the tree onto Core'dinations Amazon CS and then scuffed the tree with fine sandpaper. I've added Stickles here and there on the leaves to add some sparkle. To finish the card front, I stamped the sentiment on the patterned paper and punched it out with an oval punch. The original Glitter Pot card had no sentiment and had rhinestones scattered randomly on the tree. This first card went to Debbie and Mike.



And this pic shows the inside of the card. All three cards were decorated the same way on the inside of the card, I just used a different sentiment on card two and omitted an inside sentiment on card three as I'd put Thank You on the front.



Then this is card number two, using SU! Perfect Plum CS instead of white and the same patterned paper but in a different colour. I also used a bookplate die for the sentiment and rounded some corners. This card went to Kevin and Peter.



This is card number three, much the same as number two but I used a flowery paper here. This card went to Jan and Alan.



Supplies:
Stamps: 'For you' from SU! One of a Kind set, 'thanks' from SU! Thank You Kindly set, 'Thank You' from SU! Wow Flowers set
CS: Core'dinations Amazon, Hessian Snow White textured, SU! Perfect Plum
Patterned paper: Basic Grey Kioshi papers in Sayuri, Lily Child & Lilo
Ink: SU! Chocolate Chip, Old Olive & Elegant Eggplant
Tools: Crafts Too 'Leafy Tree' embossing folder, metric Scor-Pal, SU! plain oval punch, Sizzix Bookplates die
Embellishments & accessories: Fine sandpaper, Core'dinations Dust Buddy, Lime Green Stickles, brads

Photobucket

2 comments:

Diane Jaquay said...

Your embossed trees are just GORGEOUS Ruth!!

Lexxie said...

OMG, fancy having the Glitterpot on your doorstep!! It would be fatal for me!!
Love your card Ruth, the embossing folder is great, and the sanding gives it a fab texture,
Love Sarita xx

01 09 10