Monday 5 July 2010

Flowers & Butterfly Window Card - July 2010 Card Group Project

This is another card we made at our July card group meeting. This card came about because Lesley told me about a card she'd seen in a magazine that she wanted to try out. She told me the card had a flower on one side and a circle cut out of the front on the other side with a butterfly placed on the inside of the card. Sounded good to me!

The card is a hemp textured 5" square card. As the card is textured I didn't stamp the stems direct to the card, I stamped them separately and have cut them out. A bit fiddly but you could use strips of green CS as stems if you didn't want the fiddly cutting - or use a non textured card blank! The flowers are also cut out and are popped up. The stamping is done with VersaMagic chalk inks and I've added a little sponging to the butterfly and sentiment panel. The grass was made with the Martha Stewart grass border punch. I bought this fab punch on my trip to the Cotswolds in April and finally I've used it!

The circle aperture and banana circle were cut with a 2" circle punch. I stamped the dotty butterfly, punched it out with the matching SU! punch and this is adhered to the banana panel on the inside of the card. I've cut a foam pop dot in half, kept the backing paper on and popped one half under each wing. This means the butterfly stays popped up even after being in an envelope. A fab tip I got from my SU! demo Joanne.



Supplies:
Stamps: My Cute Stamps 'Spunky Nature' clear set, SU! Flight of the Butterfly set, sentiment from SU! Best Yet set
CS: Craft Creations hemp textured square card blank, SU! Old Olive & Barely Banana, white CS
Ink: VersaMagic Aquatic Splash, Turquoise Gem, Tea Leaves & Persimmon chalk inks
Tools: SU! Butterfly punch, Woodware 2" circle punch, Martha Stewart Grass border punch
Embellishments & accessories: 3d foam pads

Photobucket

No comments:

01 09 10