Friday 25 June 2010

Thank You Card for WMSC3 & Craft for Life Campaign

I missed last week's Waltzingmouse Stamps sketch challenge and I didn't want to miss WMSC3 that was issued last Saturday but it got to Friday and I still hadn't got round to it, eek! Well, Friday is too late to submit to the challenge - oh well, never mind! I must try harder to be on time next week! The card I've made is simple and has only minimal stamping. I chose the piece of patterned paper I wanted to use first and based my CS and ink colours on what was in the paper.

The card is a standard A6 size card made with SU! Old Olive CS and I've added Rose Red, So Saffron and Pumpkin Pie as accent colours. I stamped the dotty stamp from the Off Beat Backgrounds set in Pretty in Pink ink and then stamped the Thank You from Say It With Style in Rose Red ink and used my SU! oval punches. I know I say it every time I use the Say It With Style set - I just love that gorgeous font! The sentiment oval element is popped up.

This is another card that will be donated to the Craft for Life campaign to support Cancer Research UK. More info about the Craft for Life campaign can be found in my blog post here.



Supplies:
Stamps: Waltzingmouse Stamps Off Beat Backgrounds & Say It With Style sets
CS: SU! Old Olive, Rose Red, So Saffron, Pumpkin Pie & Whisper White
Patterned paper: SU! Sweet Pea Designer Series Paper stack
Ink: SU! Pretty in Pink & Rose Red
Tools: SU! plain and scalloped oval punches
Embellishments & accessories: SU! Old Olive grosgrain ribbon, 3d foam pads


Photobucket

2 comments:

Pauline said...

Love the zingy colours, such a shame you missed the deadline! xx

Unknown said...

Absolutely gorgeous Ruth!!!

01 09 10