Wednesday 2 June 2010

More brackets! For You Note Card for Debs

I went to the Glitter Pot on Saturday where I saw several demos. Paula Pascual was demoing die cutting and she used a Tim Holtz On the Edge die - which had brackets which I absolutely love! Of course, this fab die just happened to fall into my basket. It cuts large and small brackety edges. For this card I tried out the small size.

The dies cut a 5 1/2" border so my card is smaller than an A6 size. Having said that, you can extend the length of the die cut by moving your CS along, lining it up and running it through the Big Shot again. For this card I didn't though. I die cut the card front first from Olive CS and then cut a piece of Eggplant CS as a layer. I really like how the two brackety edges look when you offset the positive and negative shapes like that! For my stamped layer, I used the Very Vintage wheel stamp - although I've unmounted mine and use it on an acrylic block. This seems to work better for me than wheeling!

To finish off, I used a stamp from the Cute and Curly set, punched it out with the Curly Label punch and added the For You sentiment. I deliberately kept this note card flat so I could post it. We had a picnic with some friends on Monday and I made a Lemon Drizzle cake to share. It was delicious and went down a treat with everyone. Debs wanted the recipe so I sent a copy inside this note card. I know I could have emailed it but hey, any excuse to make a card, especially when you have new goodies to try out!



Supplies:
Stamps: SU! Very Vintage wheel, SU! Cute & Curly set, For You sentiment from Vintage Frames set
CS: SU! Elegant Eggplant, Whisper White, & Old Olive
Ink: SU! Elegant Eggplant
Tools: Sizzix Tim Holtz On the Edge 'Brackets' die, SU! Curly Label punch

Photobucket

No comments:

01 09 10