Thursday 3 June 2010

June 2010 Card Group Projects

Today was our June card group get together. They are a fab bunch of ladies, it's always a fun filled afternoon! Quite simple projects today, a lot of stamping and some cutting out.

The first card I designed was this tag shaped card. The grass was stamped in Creamy Caramel ink and then Close to Cocoa was sponged around using a dauber. The smaller tag was stamped with the foliage image in PTI Berry Sorbet ink - stamped off once first - and the sentiment was added in Close to Cocoa and then the tag was sponged. The ribbon is PTI's Berry Sorbet satin.



The second card uses the wonderful Sewing Box Hugs set from Waltzingmouse. The images were stamped on various colours of CS and patterned papers and then cut out and assembled on the card. Very simple stuff but it makes such a happy little card!



The third card uses the Faux Embossing technique. The Silhouette Corner was stamped on Regal Rose CS using Whisper White Craft ink, then the stamp gets cleaned and inked again, this time with another colour ink, (in this instance Regal Rose). Then using a Stamp-A-Ma-Jig or other stamp positioner, you stamp the second colour image slightly to the right of the white image. This gives a shadowed look and the image looks as if it has been embossed.

On the card I made I didn't do the Faux Embossing technique with the sentiment but I did demo that for the group today and it does look better so I wish I'd have done it on this card! Exactly the same for the sentiment - stamp in white ink first, clean the stamp and ink in the second colour, stamp the image slightly to the right of the white image with the aid of a stamp positioner. Then a Close to Cocoa panel was punched with my new EK Success Dotted Wave edger punch. Before that panel was glued to the card front the white ribbon was added. I demoed a ribbon knot tying technique to the group that I saw on this fab video.



My good friend Jan comes to card group and I asked her if I could borrow a couple of her new SU! sets. She very kindly agreed and brought them along for me today. During the afternoon I made a very cheeky card to say thank you. As soon as I got the Sewing Box Hugs set I thought the "nothing warms the heart like an old friend" sentiment could be used in a cheeky way with the emphasis on old as in age! So I paper pieced hearts from the set - the large heart is popped up with foam pads. For the sentiment, I stamped it direct to the card front but I'd stamped the "old" on a piece of pink paper first, I cut it out and popped it up to highlight it. Inside I wrote "and Jan you are old!" But I did add some very nice things too and said thank you for the loan of the stamp sets. I didn't give her the card until the stamp sets were safely put away in my bag though LOL!



I also made another card during the afternoon 'cos I hadn't got round to inking up the house stamp in the set and I really wanted to use it. This proved quite useful for Margaret who needs a new home card - so I'm including it here on the blog just for you Margaret! Sorry for enabling you to spend money - yet again LOL! I used five different coloured papers/card for my house so I stamped the house five times in all. Then I got busy with my scissors and then assembled the house and path - the house is popped up with foam pads. I used the Dotted Wave punch on the side and glued a Close to Cocoa strip on the inside front of the card.



Supplies for grass card:
Stamps: Hero Arts Silhouette Grass, foliage image from SU! Fresh Cuts set, sentiment from SU! Trendy Trees set
CS: Tag shaped white card blank
Ink: SU! Creamy Caramel & Close to Cocoa, PaperTrey Ink Berry Sorbet
Embellishments & accessories: PaperTrey Ink Berry Sorbet satin ribbon

Supplies for Faux Embossed Happiness Always card:
Stamps: Hero Arts Silhouette Corner stamp, sentiment from SU! Whimsical Words set
CS: Anita's white A6 card blank, SU! Regal Rose & Close to Cocoa
Ink: SU! Whisper White Craft ink, SU! Regal Rose & Close to Cocoa Classic inks
Tools: Stamp-A-Ma-Jig, EK Success Dotted Wave edger punch
Embellishments & accessories: Ribbon Oasis white grosgrain ribbon

Supplies for all other cards:
Stamps: Waltzingmouse Stamps Sewing Box Hugs set
CS: Anita's 4" square white card blanks, Anita's large square cream card blank for Home Sweet Home card, SU CS in Tempting Turquoise, Old Olive, Creamy Caramel & Close to Cocoa
Patterned paper: PaperMania mixed paper packs in various colours
Ink: VersaMagic Jumbo Java chalk ink
Tools: EK Success Dotted Wave edger punch on Home Sweet Home card
Embellishments & accessories: 3d foam pads

Photobucket

No comments:

01 09 10