Thursday 10 June 2010

Happy Birthday Hearts Label for Embellish Labels Colour Challenge

Waltzingmouse Stamps are sponsoring the Embellish Labels Colour Challenge. The challenge is to use yellow, brown and coral and to incorporate a label into your project. I love pink but I rarely use coral, it's definitely not one of my go to colours! I really liked this colour combo though and thoroughly enjoyed the challenge.



The card is an A6 sized textured white card blank. My label was stamped with an image from WMS Very Vintage Labels No. 4 set and die cut with Labels Four Nestie dies. The sentiment with that gorgeous font is from the WMS Say It With Style set and I added 2 small hearts which are from the WMS Sewing Box Christmas set. I added Plaid Dimensional Magic to both hearts so they're glossy and raised. I had a moment of panic when my cat Tingha decided to jump up to the exact spot where I'd left them to dry - thankfully, he narrowly missed them. The prospect of removing gloopy stuff from cat fur didn't appeal!

I used my fave new Dotted Wave punch on the Choc Chip CS and finally got round to using my elegant decorative corner die that I've had for a couple of months. This is another card to be donated to the Craft for Life campaign to support Cancer Research UK. Please read this post if you'd like more details of the Craft for Life campaign.



Here's a close up of the glossy, dimensional hearts:



Supplies:
Stamps: Waltzingmouse Stamps Very Vintage Labels. No 4, Say It With Style & Sewing Box Christmas sets
CS: Craft Creations A6 hemp textured white card blank, SU! So Saffron, Chocolate Chip & Cameo Coral
Patterned paper: SU! Sweet Pea Designer Series Paper stack
Ink: SU! Chocolate Chip
Tools: Labels Four Nestabilities dies, EK Success Dotted Wave punch, Sizzix Sizzlits Decorative Corner #3 die
Embellishments & accessories: SU! So Saffron grosgrain ribbon, button, Plaid Dimensional Magic

Photobucket

5 comments:

Pauline said...

Another stunning card, such a lovely layout and very inspiring. Pauline x

Mariana Grigsby said...

I love this card, Ruth! I love how those hearts turned out with the PDM.... fantastic! Thanks for playing along with us!

Maile Belles said...

What a gorgeous card and I just love that label! So glad you could join us in the Embellish challenge.

Janet Y said...

I love it. It really pops and I love the use of color.

Charlene Austin said...

FABULOUS!

01 09 10