Wednesday 9 June 2010

Big Bright Chrysanthemum Best Wishes Card

I really challenged myself with colouring this big bloom! I've shied away from colouring large outline images with my Copic markers as I find it so intimidating. I watched Kay Carley colouring with Copics at a recent event at the Glitter Pot and so picked up some very helpful advice and some Copic colour combos and this gave me the confidence to have a go. I chose the very large outline chrysanthemum and big leaf from the Waltzingmouse Stamps set to work with.

Also, I tried using a different CS. Michelle from the Card Grotto uses Craftwork Cards Softies CS for her Copic colouring. Well, you can't argue with perfection, her colouring is exquisite! All the accepted wisdom seems to be that Copics need really smooth CS but the Softies is textured so I was curious as to how it would work. Anyway, I found some Softies CS in my stash so I tried it out - the blending was brilliant! Considering this is my first attempt at colouring a large outline image I'm fairly pleased at the result.

I ended up with a very vibrant bloom and leaves so I chose to use a white card blank and neutral grey accents rather than trying to match or co-ordinate with coloured CS. I used my much loved frame die for the sentiment - brackety shape again you see, just love them! A nice bright sheer ribbon and a green Doodlebug gem for the flower centre finished off the card. This card will go to the Craft for Life campaign for Cancer Research UK.



Here's a close up:



Supplies:
Stamps: Waltzingmouse Stamps Big Blooms Chrysanthemums set, SU! Sincere Salutations set
CS: White A6 card blank, SU! Whisper White & Basic Gray, Craftwork Cards Softies Alabaster CS
Ink: Memento London Fog, Copic markers RV04, RV10 & RV13, YG03, YG06 & G20
Tools: Ellison Frame die
Embellishments & accessories: Sheer pink ribbon, Doodlebug green gem

Photobucket

1 comment:

Pauline said...

Beautiful card Ruth, your colouring is fantastic! Pauline x

01 09 10