Monday 31 May 2010

Ruffled Flower Pizza Box

My friend Jan has just bought a Scor-Pal - I think I may have enabled her a little bit LOL! She came over for a crafty afternoon and so I showed her how to make a pizza box using her Scor-Pal. Click here for the tutorial. In the tutorial the semi circular hole at the front of the box is made with a 1/2" circle punch but that seemed a bit small to me so I used a 3/4" punch.

I chose Sahara Sand CS for the box as I wanted a neutral colour so my ruffled flower would really stand out. The patterned paper is from the Sweet Pea stack. I used a ticket corner punch on my layers. When Joanne showed us how to make the flower, we used the SU! Scallop Circle punch. As I wanted a larger flower to go on a box front, I used a scalloped circle Nestability die. Joanne has now kindly made a video showing how to make this ruffled flower - click here to view it.

This time I used two different colours of CS for the flower - Rose Red and Pretty in Pink. I used a leaf die and added some shaping to each leaf. A sentiment, ric-rac and some olive crystals finished off the box.



Supplies:
Stamps: SU! One of a Kind set
CS: SU! Sahara Sand, Pretty in Pink & Rose Red
Patterned paper: SU! Sweet Pea Designer Series Paper stack
Ink: SU! Rose Red
Tools: Metric Scor-Pal, scalloped circle Nestability die, Woodware ticket corner punch, SU! 3/4" circle punch, water spritzer, paper piercer
Embellishments & accessories: Olive ric-rac, olive crystals, brad

We're off out for a picnic with some friends this afternoon. I suppose sunshine on a British bank holiday was just too much to expect, at least we won't have to worry about sunburn!

Photobucket

No comments:

01 09 10