Saturday 1 May 2010

Cute Girl with Kittens Thank You Card for Michelle

The very sweet Michelle at the Card Grotto sent me a lovely card and some fabulous goodies for my birthday. You can see a few of the goodies on this thank you card I made for her - the cute stamp, the lush Prima flowers and the Doodlebug pink sequin flower centre. I also used some goodies to decorate the envelope but I forgot to take a photo! I was so chuffed with my gifts, thank you so much Michelle!

I started off with a 5 3/4" square white card and I sponged the edges with Tea Dye distress ink. The patterned papers I used are from the Basic Grey Bittersweet collection. I then added strips of SU! Bravo Burgundy CS, a strip of white ribbon and Prima flowers with a sequin centre held together with a brad.

I stamped the image, coloured it in with Copic markers and edged this panel with Tea Dye ink also. I used a clear Copic Spica At You pen to add a touch of shimmer to the flowers in the pot. The thank you element I made with a frame stamp, a sentiment and the SU! Curly Label punch, gluing it behind the image panel so that only half of it shows. The image panel is popped up. To finish off the card, I added decorative photo corners and three pink crystals.



Supplies:
Stamps: Stampavie Sarah Kay 'Olivia with her kittens Kiki & Sugar' clear stamp, SU! Vintage Frames set, sentiment from Hero Arts clear Thank You Messages set
CS: White CS, Bristol Board, SU! Pretty in Pink & Bravo Burgundy
Patterned paper: Basic Grey Bittersweet 6" x 6" pad
Ink: Tim Holtz Tea Dye Distress Ink, Memento Tuxedo Black, SU! Bravo Burgundy
Tools: SU! Curly Label punch, Sizzix Sizzlits Decorative Corner die, Copic markers, Copic Clear Spica At You pen, sponge dauber
Embellishments & accessories: White grosgrain ribbon, Prima e-line flowers, Doodlebug sequin, brad, pink crystals, 3d foam tape, glue dots

Photobucket

1 comment:

Michelle Short said...

Thank you so much for my beautiful card Ruth, I love it! It has pride of place on my bookshelf :0) xx

01 09 10