Monday 3 May 2010

CAS Poppies Note of Thanks Card

Today's CAS65 May Flowers challenge on Splitcoast Stampers is to make a Mother's Day card or a card with flowers. Not a problem for me, I love flower cards! I decided to use my Hero Arts poppies stamp as the bold image has a lot of impact and makes a CAS card come together fast.

My card was made with SU! Barely Banana CS and measures 4 3/4" square. I stamped the poppies and sentiment in Regal Rose ink. I put a strip of Certainly Celery ribbon across the image panel and added a bow made on my Bow Easy tool - after seeing Alex use one at the last Stamper's 10 meeting I just had to get one! I pierced above the top left of the image panel. You can't tell from the photo, but I then used a glue pen on the centres of the large poppies and sprinkled on ultrafine Crystal glitter for a touch of sparkle. This card will go to Lesley at my card group to say thank you for my birthday gift.



Supplies:
Stamps: Hero Arts Poppy Background cling stamp, SU! Thank You Kindly set
CS: SU! Barely Banana & Whisper White
Ink: SU! Regal Rose
Tools: X Cut Pokey Tool, SU! Mat Pack, Bow Easy
Embellishments & accessories: SU! Certainly Celery grosgrain ribbon, Quickie Glue Pen, Crystal ultrafine glitter

Photobucket

No comments:

01 09 10