Friday 28 May 2010

CAS OLW6 Challenge Cards

This week's One Layer Wednesday challenge over at Susan's Simplicity blog is to overlap a sentiment and image. I used my PTI Green Thumb set which I've not used a great deal so while it was out I made two cards.

I found these tag shaped cards in my stash, I'd forgotten all about them, so I was determined to use one. After stamping, I added a little colour at the bottom of each stem by water colouring with a Going Gray Watercolor Wonder Crayon - just to ground them. The pretty ribbon with iridescent edging came out of my scrap ribbon jar.



My second card measures 4" square and I used the wellies stamps and the shoes sentiment - they've not seen ink before. Again, I added some gray water colouring to ground the boots. I don't own wellies but if I was to get some I'd love a pink pair with cute polka dots and green trim!



Some neglected stamps used, items from stash and scrap jar used - that's a good thing, thanks for the great challenge Susan!

Supplies:
Stamps: PaperTrey Ink Green Thumb set
CS: White tag shaped card blank, cream 4" square card blank
Ink: VersaMagic chalk ink in Tea Leaves, Pink Petunia, Spring Pansy, Thatched Straw, Gingerbread & Aloe Vera
Tools: SU! Neutrals Watercolor Wonder Crayons
Embellishments & accessories: Pink iridescent edged satin ribbon

Photobucket

7 comments:

Jennifer Styles said...

Both your cards are great, love them!

Susan Raihala said...

You're welcome! Thank YOU for sharing such fun and cheerful and pretty cards!

Diane Jaquay said...

These are so FUN!!! I'm glad I discovered your blog today, you do beautiful work!

Angela said...

These cards are so fun! Love the images you've chosen (my set needs more love, too), and I especially like the way you used a little grey to ground the images.

Alanna Harris said...

I love your rainboot card...the boots have such great dimension, I'd swear it was more than a one layer card!!

Susan said...

Both cards are just too cute! Love the boots!!

Erin (Homemade Cards by Erin) said...

So cute! Love the boots.

01 09 10