Monday 10 May 2010

CAS Chrysanthemum Thanks So Much

Todays CAS challenge on Splitcoast Stampers was to follow a sketch layout inspired by Kelly (kmahany). Click here to see Kelly's lovely card.

Well, my new stamps from Waltzingmouse arrived today so I had to try them out. I bought the Big Blooms - Chrysanthemums set and it is fab, I love it! I loved the bold graphic style of the set as soon as I saw it. I stamped and cut out 2 small solid leaves first. Then I used the medium and small solid flowers and trimmed them both and then attached them together with a small rhinestone brad.

I was chuffed to find that the lush velvet scalloped ribbon from my stash went beautifully with the turquoise ink I'd used. As I put the ribbon at the bottom instead of a sentiment I stamped the 'thanks so much' above the patterned paper. To finish off, I rounded the top right corner of the card. A bit of a change for me colour wise but I really like this combo!



Supplies:
Stamps: Waltzingmouse Stamps Big Blooms - Chrysanthemums set, sentiment from SU! Trendy Trees set
CS: White CS for card blank, SU! Whisper White
Patterned paper: SU! Old Olive Prints Designer Series Paper pack
Ink: VersaMagic Tea Leaves, Turquoise Gem & Aquatic Splash chalk inks
Tools: Stamp-A-Ma-Jig, Crop-A-Dile Corner Chomper
Embellishments & accessories: Velvet ribbon from Doodlebug Boutique Trims Swimming Pool assortment pack, SU! small clear rhinestone brad, glue dots

Photobucket

1 comment:

Francie said...

Ruth, this card is so pretty! I love it, too, when I find a random piece of ribbon or some other embellishment in my stash that matches a card. I love the British term "chuffed." I think I'm going to start using it.

Francie (aka ThatGirl on scs)

01 09 10