Wednesday 5 May 2010

Birthday Card & Money Holder for Mike

Today is our good friend Mike's birthday and this is the card and money holder I made for him. I often struggle with masculine cards and so I went to Michelle's Card Grotto blog in search of inspiration before I started the card. I knew I'd find a great masculine card design with a fab layout in her Masculine Cards album! I chose this card to CASE, many thanks for the inspiration Michelle!

My card measures 5 3/4" square and was made with SU! Kraft, Not Quite Navy and Very Vanilla CS. I also used SU! Bella Bleu patterned paper. I used my new SU! Spiral punch on the left side of the Vanilla panel, I like the touch of detail it adds and it's great for male cards. I also added two vintage brads to the Not Quite Navy strip. I stamped the cupcake from the SU! Crazy for Cupcakes set on watercolour paper and coloured with Watercolor Wonder Crayons and markers. I cut out the cupcake, cut off the candle and added a punched star. The cupcake is popped up.



Then I made a coordinating money holder. I started with a 12" x 4" piece of Bella Bleu paper and scored at 4", 6" and 8". I cut a slit in the central piece and slid a folded banknote in. I used the fab Fleur-de-lis Pendant die that Dawn sent me - just perfect for this money holder and it's great for masculine projects! I layered Kraft and Not Quite Navy square panels with rounded corners and then finished with a Curly Label punched shape I stamped with Best Wishes.



Supplies for card:
Stamps: SU! Crazy for Cupcakes set, Hero Arts clear Birthday Wishes set
CS: SU! Kraft, Not Quite Navy & Very Vanilla, watercolour paper
Patterned paper: SU! Bella Bleu Designer Series Paper pack
Ink: SU! Not Quite Navy, VersaFine Vintage Sepia
Tools: SU! Spiral punch, X Cut star punch, SU! Watercolor Wonder Crayons, SU! markers
Embellishments & accessories: SU! Vintage brads, 3d foam pads

Supplies for money holder:
Stamps: SU! Cute and Curly set
CS: SU! Kraft & Not Quite Navy
Patterned paper: SU! Bella Bleu Designer Series Paper pack
Ink: SU! Not Quite Navy
Tools: Spellbinders Fleur-de-lis Shapeabilities Pendants die, square Nestability dies, SU! Curly Label punch, X Cut Corner Rounder punch


Photobucket

No comments:

01 09 10