Tuesday 13 April 2010

All White Butterflies Card

I've always been intrigued by all white cards and I've been meaning to make one for ages. I was inspired by this lovely card on Splitcoast Stampers made by jaydekay - if you click the link the page will open in a new window.

The card measures 5 3/4" square. I used three different Cuttlebug folders for the texture on the card. The topmost layer is popped up. The butterflies were made using the Craft Tonic Multi Detail butterfly punch. I placed both butterflies on a moulding mat and ran an embossing stylus down both sides of each body so the wings would pop up a bit and then added clear crystals to the bodies. To finish off the card I tied white satin ribbon round the card in a knot.

I really like how the embossing adds dimension and texture and I may just try another variation in a different colour at some point.



Supplies:
Stamps: None
CS: Glitter Pot white CS
Ink: None
Tools: Swiss Dots, D'vine Swirls and Victoria Cuttlebug embossing folders, Craft Tonic Multi Detail Butterfly punch
Embellishments & accessories: White satin ribbon, clear crystals, 3d foam tape

Photobucket

1 comment:

Arielle H Gordon said...

Wow - this is SIMPLY GORGEOUS!!!

01 09 10