Friday 12 February 2010

Valentine for Owen

I went to the Glitter Pot on Monday and found this lovely My Mind's Eye double sided patterned paper. I knew it would look great with Chocolate Chip but I was also chuffed to find it went very well with Really Rust. I always take my SU! CS colour swatch now whenever I go craft shopping. I thought that would make a nice masculine colour combo for Owen's Valentine card.

The card measures 5 3/4" square. I sponged the edges of the paper with Rust ink and embossed the Choc Chip piece with the D'vine Swirls Cuttlebug folder. The heart is made using a Sizzlits die and they won't cut chipboard and I really wanted a thick chipboard look. So I die cut 3 hearts from CS, glued them together and then glued the paper on top and the result was a nice chunky heart. I've popped up the heart with foam tape. I matted on Kraft and Really Rust CS squares and I sponged Rust ink on the Kraft square. To finish the heart, I've adhered a button with thin Rust CS strips threaded through the holes. For the sentiment I stamped on Kraft, did more sponging and used the Scallop Border punch. I've matted onto a scalloped piece of Choc Chip CS.



After finishing the card front, I decorated the inside of the card and the envelope flap. More sponging on the paper edges, hearts and sentiment. I cut out the sentiment and mat with Label Trio dies and have added Rust brads. I added 3 small punched hearts. The sentiment on the heart on the envelope says 'with love' and I added a small punched heart.

Here's the inside and envelope:




Supplies:
Stamps: Waltzingmouse Stamps Say It with Style set, SU! Seasonal Wishes and Yummy sets
CS: SU! Really Rust, Chocolate Chip & Kraft
Patterned paper: My Mind's Eye Dearest Dots double sided paper from the Be Loved collection
Ink: VersaMagic Jumbo Java chalk ink
Tools: Sizzix Sizzlits Heart Funky #2 die, Square Nestabilities dies, Label Trio dies, D'vine Swirls Cuttlebug folder, SU! Scallop Border punch, small heart punch, sponge
Embellishments & accessories: SU! Chocolate Chip taffeta ribbon, Pink Hedgehog Rust brads, glue dots, 3d foam tape

Photobucket

2 comments:

pink lady said...

What stunning cards, the top one is my fave, I love the colour scheme x

Julie Marshall said...

I LOVE how you used the swirls on your first card...TFS!

01 09 10