Sunday 28 February 2010

Pop Up Hybrid Birthday Card for Jack

This card all came about 'cos I wanted to use the candles sentiment from the SU! Whimsical Words set. I have a candles stamp but the thought of repeatedly stamping with a positioner and colouring in didn't appeal very much right now with my lack of stamping mojo! Hero Arts had a video on their blog this week showing how to use digital images with Microsoft Word so I checked out their digi images and found the candles. It was so easy to resize and copy and paste in duplicates that I had this printed out in a jiffy. I did feel like I was cheating a bit though LOL!

The card is A2 size. I took the colour scheme from the candles, opting for Certainly Celery, Tempting Turquoise and a touch of Real Red. I've added yellow Stickles to the flames to add some sparkle and the candles panel is popped up. To finish off the front, I added two rows of punched stars.



Then I decorated the inside with a pop up gift, punched stars and a die cut sentiment. This will be sent to our friend Jack for his birthday next week, hope he likes it!



Supplies:
Stamps: SU! Whimsical Words set, candles image from Hero Arts Candles Digi Kit
CS: SU! Certainly Celery, Tempting Turquoise, Real Red, Whisper White & So Saffron
Ink: SU! Tempting Turquoise
Tools: 1 1/2" & 1 3/4" circle punches, Sizzix Bigz Pop Ups die, Sizzix Gift #2 die, Sizzix Sizzlits Phrase, Happy Birthday #2 die, star punches
Embellishments & accessories: Yellow Stickles, red brad, 3d foam tape

Photobucket

4 comments:

Lori said...

Darling Card. Thanks for the inspiration.

Nancy S said...

Great card! Thanks for the inspiration--I'm off to get that candle digi image, as I, too, hate lining up all those candles....

twinkletoe said...

Jack will love it - very cute card.

Ayana Posadas said...

I love pop-up cards!!!
Super great job!
Thanks for sharing! =)

01 09 10