Saturday 13 February 2010

Note Card for Dave

When we stayed with our friends Kevin and Peter last August we met their friend Dave. He is so funny and he kept us laughing all evening. If he gets miffed with you, as a joke, he pulls out his mobile phone and starts pressing keys and then says "you're SO deleted!" I promised Kevin I'd make a "you're SO deleted!" note card for Dave as a bit of fun. Hopefully, he can send this to one of his friends when they've upset him!

The card is a standard A6 size made with Mellow Moss CS. I was inspired by this fab card made by ButterflyEars on Splitcoast Stampers - the page will open in a new window. I cut just over 3/4" off the right hand side of the card front and attached a strip of Chocolate Chip CS on the inside back of the card. I've used my new SU! Circle Circus set for this card, I think it's great for masculine designs, something I struggle with! I stamped the images in Choc Chip, Mellow Moss and Really Rust inks and then cut them out with various size circle punches. I've adhered them down the side so they overlap the edge. For the "a note for you" circle, I stamped the background image first, added the sentiment and then added the dotted circle which is from a Waltzingmouse Stamps stamp set that co-ordinates with small classic circle Nestability dies. This circle is popped up.

I didn't take a pic of the inside as I kept it really plain and simple. I computer generated "to say "you're SO deleted!" and printed it onto Vanilla CS and punched it out with an oval punch and glued it inside.




Supplies:
Stamps: SU! Circle Circus set, sentiment from SU! Sweet Little Sentiments set, dotted circle from Waltzingmouse Stamps Vintage Circles Small set
CS: SU! Mellow Moss & Very Vanilla
Ink: SU! Mellow Moss, Really Rust & Chocolate Chip, VersaMagic Jumbo Java chalk ink
Tools: Various size circle punches, circle Nestability die, Stamp-A-Ma-Jig
Embellishments & accessories: 3d foam pads

Photobucket

1 comment:

Dawn B. said...

Ruth this is terrific.. He will love it.. I wish I had a better sense of humor.. Must make life fun.. Hope all is well with you.. I have not been feeling well and am sorry I have not visited more often.. I am catching up today..

Your signature is adorable.

01 09 10