Thursday 11 February 2010

Grass & Butterflies Best Wishes

I just love this Hero Arts Silhouette Grass stamp and as soon as I saw it I thought it would be great to use with butterflies. Especially with a nice, shiny, new Martha Stewart 1" Classic butterfly punch!

The card is Kraft and A6 sized. I stamped the grass in Creamy Caramel ink onto Very Vanilla CS and then got busy sponging. Before gluing down the panel, I distressed the edges with a Tim Holtz edge distresser tool and attached the ribbon. I punched the butterflies using paper from the Basic Grey Bittersweet collection and ran my thumbnail around the butterflies to distress them a wee bit. I used an embossing stylus to pop the wings up and applied teardrop shaped crystals to the butterfly bodies.

I die cut a tag shape, sponged it and then stamped the sentiment. I've applied brown gems over the holes in the tag. Then I stuck a button onto the ribbon. It bothers me a bit as it's a naked button and I usually add thread or ribbon 'cos Julie Ebersole issued the "no nekkid buttons" rule when I took her online card design class! I didn't have the right colour or width of anything so it's remaining nekkid and I'll get over it - and it'll make it easier for me to have a nekkid button another time!




Supplies:
Stamps: Hero Arts Silhouette Grass, sentiment from SU! Vintage Frames set
CS: SU! Kraft & Very Vanilla
Patterned paper: Basic Grey Bittersweet 6" x 6" pad
Ink: SU! Creamy Caramel & Close to Cocoa, Antique Linen, Tea Dye, Broken China, Faded Jeans, Tattered Rose & Worn Lipstick Tim Holtz Distress Inks
Tools: Martha Stewart 1" Classic Butterfly punch, Cuttlebug Tiny Tags die, Tim Holtz edge distresser, sponges, embossing stylus and moulding mat
Embellishments & accessories: Brown stitched grosgrain ribbon, green teardrop gems, brown round gems, glue dots

Photobucket

1 comment:

Jo said...

It's perfect - I love it! love that bright pink it really pops off the page! Gorgeous colour combo!

01 09 10