Monday 1 February 2010

Felt Flowers Trio Card

Today's CAS challenge on Splitcoast Stampers was a sketch layout inspired by this card - the page will open in a new window.

I made my card a 5 3/4" square rather than a rectangle. My flowers are made with felt - I've had some felt in my stash for ages and have hardly used it so I thought it was high time it had an outing! I used 2 Cuttlebug flower dies to cut them out and I ran them through my Big Shot as the flowers didn't cut out cleanly when I used my little Sidekick. I used craft felt which is quite thick and stiff, not soft like normal felt so I think it's tougher to die cut. I've joined the flowers together with gem brads and adhered them to the card with glue dots.

At the bottom of the card I've added Bashful Blue striped ribbon with a flat bow glued on top, a strip of Bashful Blue prints patterned paper and a strip of Night of Navy CS. I opted to stamp my sentiment on the patterned paper.




Supplies:
Stamps: Hero Arts
CS: Glitter Pot Smooth White CS, SU! Night of Navy
Patterned paper: SU! Bashful Blue Prints Designer Series Paper pack
Ink: SU! Night of Navy
Tools: Cuttlebug Scribble Flower set of 2 dies
Embellishments & accessories: Thick craft felt, Making Memories gem brads, glue dots

Photobucket

1 comment:

Michelle Short said...

Apologies for lack of commenting recently Ruth, I hope you are well. I love this card, it is so pretty, I love that blue and the flowers xx

01 09 10