Monday 15 February 2010

CAS Spring Happy Thoughts Card

Today's CAS challenge on Splitcoast Stampers is to make a spring card. When I think of spring I think of soft colours, flowers and birds and so all these elements made it onto my card. My craft room overlooks our back garden and I can hear the birds singing while I make my cards. I have my Big Shot set up on the window ledge and I went to use it on Friday morning, looked out of the window and saw a fox curled up on our lawn taking a snooze!

The Pretty in Pink card is a standard A6 size but I cut 3/8" off the bottom and attached the Sage Shadow scalloped strip. I inked up the background stamp with Pretty in Pink ink and stamped off once before stamping it so I got a soft, muted look and then I stamped the sentiment. The flower was cut out with the SU! Scallop Circle punch and I cut out the leaves. The flower is popped up and the leaves are popped up just at the end but are glued flat under the flower.

I was chuffed to find the flower metal embellishment from my stash was the perfect colour to go in the centre. I've added a pink crystal. The bird circle is from a piece of SU! Spring Fling paper, I punched it out and matted it onto a larger Sage circle, punched a hole and tied it onto the ribbon knot with thin silver elastic cord. Roll on spring!



Supplies:
Stamps: SU! Petal Pizzazz set, Hero Arts Large Delicate Woven Fabric, sentiment from Hero Arts Happy Day mini clear set
CS: SU! Pretty in Pink, Whisper White & Sage Shadow
Patterned paper: SU! Spring Fling DSP pack
Ink: SU! Pretty in Pink & Sage Shadow
Tools: Square Nestabilities dies, Sizzix Lace Edging Decorative Strip die, SU! Scalloped Circle punch, 1" & 1 1/4" circle punches
Embellishments & accessories: White satin ribbon, PaperMania self adhesive metal flower embellishment, pink crystal, silver cord, 3d foam pads

Photobucket

1 comment:

Michelle Short said...

I really like this card, what a beautiful clour combo and I love the layout and that great sentiment xx

01 09 10