Sunday 14 February 2010

CAS Butterfly Note Card

I haven't made a challenge card this week and one of my New Year resolutions was to take part in more challenges. As Owen is glued to football on TV (romantic on Valentine's Day huh?!) I checked out today's Featured Stamper challenge on Splitcoast Stampers. You check out the gallery of the featured stamper and CASE a card but you must change 2 or more things. Today's featured stamper is HamiltonGal, she has a wonderful gallery. I chose this card to CASE - the page will open in a new window. I really like how she stamped an outline stamp in a coloured ink without colouring it in. I changed the colour, theme and I flipped the layout to landscape. Instead of layers for my circle, I've stamped a frame and I added a butterfly charm to the ribbon instead of a clip.

I knew this card would allow me to show off my fab new butterfly Cuttlebug folder. Yep, my love affair with butterflies goes on - as does my love of pink LOL!

I made this card 5 1/2" x 4 1/4" to better accommodate the size of the embossed piece - and the card still fits in a C6 envelope. I embossed Pixie Pink CS with the Jules Jewells Cuttlebug folder. I think it's meant to be used in portrait format but I think it also looks great in landscape. The frame stamp is from Waltzingmouse Stamps and the butterfly and trail are from Hero Arts.

As there is no sentiment on this card I shall keep it in my box and use it as a note card.




Supplies:
Stamps: Hero Arts Designer Butterflies clear set, Waltzingmouse Stamps Vintage Circles Small clear set
CS: Glitter Pot white CS, SU! Pixie Pink
Ink: SU! Pixie Pink & VersaFine Smokey Gray
Tools: Jules Jewells Cuttlebug folder, circle Nestability die
Embellishments & accessories: White grosgrain ribbon, butterfly charm

Photobucket

No comments:

01 09 10