Friday 15 January 2010

Too Kind Window Circles Card for Gill

While I still had my SU! Flight of the Butterfly stamp set on my desk I made a simple thank you card for our friend Gill. We spent New Years Day at her house and we had a real fun day. She cooked the most delicious meal, including Jamie Oliver's festive strudel - scrummy! I thought I'd pop a little card in the post to her now that postal services seem to have returned to normal after the snow disrupted things somewhat.

I have a drawer full of miscellaneous card blanks and I never remember to use them. I'm going to make it a mission to use them up or get shot of them! I stamped the butterflies and sentiment on pastel coloured CS and punched them out with a 1 1/4" circle punch. I then mounted them to 1 1/2" Chocolate Chip circles which I glued to the inside of the card. You can't see that from the pic though as only the pastel colours show through the circle windows. I've added celery twill and chocolate grosgrain ribbons and a blue crystal to the dot over the i in the word kind. Done - a sweet and simple card to show our appreciation.




Supplies:
Stamps: SU! Flight of the Butterfly and Whimsical Words sets
CS: Cream circles window card blank, SU! Pretty in Pink, Bashful Blue, Certainly Celery & Chocolate Chip
Ink: SU! Chocolate Chip
Tools: Circle punches
Embellishments & accessories: SU! Certainly Celery twill ribbon, SU! Choc Chip grosgrain ribbon, blue crystal

Photobucket

1 comment:

Dawn B. said...

Your friend will love this. I think it is perfect for a thank you. I can't believe you all got snow.. We haven't even had a flake yet.. Hugs to you.

01 09 10