Sunday 24 January 2010

Playing with SU! Vintage Frames Set

I didn't choose the Vintage Frames set as my free Sale-A-Bration set last month 'cos the UK catty doesn't have all the matching punches which would make using these stamps so much easier. I know the circle stamp fits the SU! Scalloped Circle punch so that's not a problem but that leaves the two other frames and I wasn't sure how I'd get on cutting them out. I really wanted to play with this stamp set before I made my decision as to whether to get this set or not. Thank goodness for my very kind crafty friend Jan - she has lent me her set to have a play with!

As it was the oval and square frames I was most concerned about I decided to make a couple of quick cards to show Jan the results of my experiments. I'm very happy to report that the oval frame can be cut out using the oval Coluzzle cutting templates and the square frame can be cut out with a Labels One Nestie die - it's not ideal, it's not exactly the same shape and there's a lot of space around the stamped frame, but it's something!

For the first card, I had the Old Olive medallion stamped already so I just grabbed that to work with. I added a Choc Chip circle which I embossed with the Victoria CB folder and then I popped up the oval piece over the top. I added Rose Red photo corners and added the whole panel to the front of an Old Olive card that measures just a tad under 5".



For this card I used a Kraft base measuring 4 1/4" square and added a panel of Rose Red prints patterned paper. I used Labels One Nestie dies for the sentiment layer and mat and added felt flowers with a brad centre.

I'm much happier about owning this set now I've had a play and will choose this SAB set this month.




Supplies:
Stamps: SU! Vintage Frames set, SU! Medallion
CS: SU! Old Olive, Very Vanilla, Chocolate Chip & Rose Red
Patterned paper: SU! Rose Red Prints Designer Series Paper pack
Ink: SU! Old Olive, Rose Red & Chocolate Chip
Tools: Sizzix Sizzlits Photo Corners # 2 die, Coluzzle Oval and Oval Companion cutting templates, Victoria Cuttlebug embossing folder, Labels One Nestabilities dies, Stamp-A-Ma-Jig
Embellishments & accessories: SU! Felt Fusion felt flowers, brown brad, 3d foam pads

Photobucket

No comments:

01 09 10