Saturday 23 January 2010

Happy Butterfly Stamper's Ten Challenge Card

Wow, this is a bright card! This is my card for Joanne's Stamper's Ten challenge this month. She gave us CS in Tempting Turquoise, Pixie Pink and Green Galore and a piece of Kaleidoscope patterned paper. I'm afraid Green Galore is NOT a fave of mine so it didn't make it onto my card!

I layered the patterned paper onto the front of my Tempting Turquoise A6 size card. I stamped the sentiment trail first followed by the butterfly direct to the white CS. Then I stamped the butterfly again on a separate piece of white CS and punched it out with the butterfly punch. I stamped the butterfly using Pixie Pink ink - stamping off once first before stamping the solid shape. I placed the butterfly on a mouse mat and ran an embossing stylus down both sides of the body to pop the wings up. I then placed half a dimensional under each wing with the backing paper intact so the wings will remain popped up. I then stamped the tiny flower at the end of the sentiment.

At the bottom of the card, I added a strip of Pixie Pink CS with some turquoise ribbon wrapped around. I then added a bright pink Prima flower. To finish off the card I added a pale pink pearl to the centre of the flower and six darker pink pearls to the white panel.




Supplies:
Stamps: SU! Flight of the Butterfly set
CS: SU! Tempting Turquoise, Pixie Pink & Whisper White
Patterned paper: SU! Kaleidoscope Designer Series Paper pack
Ink: SU! Pixie Pink & Tempting Turquoise
Tools: Plain & scalloped rectangle Nestabilities dies, SU! Butterfly punch
Embellishments & accessories: Offray turquoise satin ribbon, Prima flower, Prima pearls, SU! Dimensionals

Photobucket

No comments:

01 09 10