Sunday 3 January 2010

Flower Thank You Card - S10 Challenge Card

Photobucket


Wishing you all a very happy 2010! May you keep ALL your New Year resolutions LOL! My new year resolutions are pretty much the same ones as I made last year - to lose more weight, exercise more and to use stuff up from my crafty stash. I'm adding a new one for 2010 - to take part in more challenges.

For this Stamper's Ten challenge Joanne gave us supplies that co-ordinate with the SU! Nouveau Chic Designer Series Paper pack. We were given a piece of Nouveau Chic paper, textured Basic Gray CS, Sage Shadow and Apricot Appeal CS and a piece of gray taffeta ribbon. What an unusual colour combo - I would never have put these colours together myself. It's more sombre than my usual choices but I'm glad I tried it, that's what challenges are about, getting you out of your comfort zone sometimes!

My card is a standard A6 size made with Sage Shadow CS and I added layers of plain Basic Gray CS and the piece of patterned paper. Before gluing down the patterned paper piece I attached the gray taffeta ribbon. I cut the textured Basic Gray CS with a square Nestie die. I stamped the flower with grey ink onto Apricot Appeal and Sage Shadow CS and cut the pieces out. I stamped the circle 'thank you' in Apricot Appeal ink and punched it out with the 1/2" circle punch. I stamped the leaves in Sage Shadow ink, cut them out and I've popped the ends of the leaves up with tiny 3d foam pads. I've added half pearls to the square panel to finish off the card.




Supplies:
Stamps: All SU! - flower from One of a Kind set, leaves from Petal Pizazz set & sentiment from Love Without End set
CS: SU! plain and textured Basic Gray, Whisper White, Apricot Appeal & Sage Shadow
Patterned paper: SU! Nouveau Chic Designer Series Paper pack
Ink: SU! Apricot Appeal & Sage Shadow, VersaFine Smokey Gray
Tools: Square Nestabilities die, SU! 1/2" circle punch
Embellishments & accessories: SU! gray taffeta ribbon, self adhesive half pearls, 3d foam tape, glue dots

Photobucket

No comments:

01 09 10