Tuesday 5 January 2010

Easel Post It Note Holder for Dawn

I included this easel Post It Note holder in the package of goodies I sent to Dawn. I love how these easels can be cards or little gift items, they've become a firm favourite with me!

I used My Mind's Eye Bloom & Grow patterned papers and ribbon and SU! Mellow Moss and Really Rust CS for this project. I stamped the foliage image on each sheet of the Post It Note pad - I halved the Post It Note pad so there are approximately 50 sheets. A full 100 sheet Post It Note pad would have been too heavy. On the stop, I computer generated the 'Notes' using the Melanie BT font and used my Labels Four Nestie dies and a co-ordinating Waltzingmouse frame stamp. The stop is popped up with 3d foam pads. The butterfly is from a new Craft Tonic punch. It matches the Butterfly Flutter pop up punch that I love so much, but this one punches out the positive butterfly shape, I love this one too! To finish, I added small clear crystals to the butterfly body.

It occurred to me after I'd made this that you could clip a pen to the top so the recipient would always have a pen to hand near the notes. I've checked locally and have had no luck at all in finding Pentel RSVP pens which I understand you can tuck a rolled piece of paper inside so the pen matches your project. I would like to be able to do that so I'll keep searching for those elusive pens or try to find an alternative!




Supplies:
Stamps: Foliage image from SU! Fresh Cuts set, frame from Waltzingmouse Stamps Very Vintage Labels No. 4 set
CS: SU! Mellow Moss & Really Rust
Patterned paper: My Mind's Eye Bloom & Grow 6" x 6" paper pack
Ink: SU! Really Rust & VersaMagic Jumbo Java chalk ink
Tools: Labels Four Nestabilities dies, Craft Tonic Butterfly punch
Embellishments & accessories: Post It Note pad, My Mind's Eye Bloom & Grow ribbon pack, clear crystals, 3d foam pads, red liner tape


Photobucket

No comments:

01 09 10