Tuesday 8 December 2009

Tree Trimmings Gap Card

Another gap card but this time I've used the Circles Decorative Strip die. To make this card I cut an A4 sheet of SU! Real Red CS in half length ways and then scored and folded that piece in half. It fits in a C6 size envelope.

For the gap, I cut 2 1/2" off the bottom of the card, glued the top of the Circles die shape, lined up the 2 1/2" piece I'd earlier cut off and glued the bottom of the Circles shape to that and then cut the excess CS off at the bottom of the card. I then glued a second Circles die cut shape to the back to add some strength. This time I decided to add some patterned paper behind the gap element. As I tried a strip of the green snowflakes paper I couldn't believe how the three snowflakes just happened to fit behind the larger circles - it's fab when something happens like that!

I stamped the ornaments in Old Olive, Garden Green and Chocolate Chip inks and then cut them out. I hand drew the strings with a Marvy marker pen - I saw a card Kristina Werner made on her blog where she did that and it looked really nice. I'm not very confident at free hand drawing anything but I followed Kristina's foolproof method of drawing in pencil first, going over it with the pen and then erasing the pencil lines after! The ornaments are all popped up. I added crystals to the ornaments and to the three snowflake centres visible through the gap. I then added the sentiment and rounded the bottom corners.




Supplies:
Stamps: SU! Tree Trimmings set, sentiment by Hero Arts
CS: SU! Real Red, Whisper White & Old Olive
Patterned paper: SU! Merry Moments Designer Series Paper pack
Ink: SU! Old Olive, Garden Green & Chocolate Chip
Tools: Sizzix 'Circles' Decorative Strip die, Crop-A-Dile Corner Chomper
Embellishments & accessories: Clear and red crystals, 3d foam pads

Photobucket

2 comments:

Arielle H Gordon said...

Oooh, love this!

Dawn B. said...

I love how you did this.. It looks fantastic.. What a great way to create.. Super job on this one too..

01 09 10