Wednesday 23 December 2009

Snowflake Shirt Easel Card for Hubby

This is the Christmas card I made for my hubby Owen. As soon as I saw the olive paper with the tiny snowflakes on I thought hmmm, that would be great as a shirt! Owen would actually wear a real shirt like this LOL! If ever I find a blue snowflake shirt (blue will match his eyes better) I'll buy him one!

This easel card measures 5 1/2" square and was made with SU! Real Red CS. The patterned papers are from the SU! Merry Moments pack. I stamped the shirt on the patterned paper, cut it out roughly and ran it through my Xyron machine to add adhesive so I could mount it to some CS to add strength, then I cut it out properly. The shirt is popped up.

I used a small square Nestie die for the red squares and added punched snowflakes with olive crystal centres. The brown strip was scalloped with the SU! Scallop Border punch. The stop is a circle sentiment element. Before punching the vanilla circle, I stamped the snowflake medley stamp in Old Olive ink after stamping off once to get a muted colour and then I stamped the 'be merry' in Real Red ink. The sentiment circle is popped up.



This photo shows the vanilla panel I glued inside so I could write my message. I stamped the snowflake medley stamp repeatedly in Old Olive ink - stamping off once each time - and then stamped the sentiment in Real Red ink.



I am pleased to say Owen loved his card! Mind you, he always does say lovely things about my cards - he is a wise man indeed LOL!


Supplies:
Stamps: Stampendous 'His Shirt', 'be merry' from SU! Warm Words set, PSX Snowflake Medley, inside sentiment by Penny Black
CS: SU! Real Red, Very Vanilla, Chocolate Chip & Old Olive
Patterned paper: SU! Merry Moments Designer Series Paper pack
Ink: SU! Real Red, Old Olive & Chocolate Chip
Tools: Xyron 510 machine, Square Nestability die, SU! Scallop Border punch, Woodware Snowflake punch, circle punches
Embellishments & accessories: Square gold brads, olive crystals, 3d foam tape

Photobucket

1 comment:

Julie Marshall said...

This is adorable! Love that shirt...and your hubby will too ;) TFS!

01 09 10