Tuesday 1 December 2009

Reindeer Christmas Card - December 2009 Card Group Project

This is the card we'll be making at my December card group meeting. We're making the tree gift box plus the easel calendar holder - and we'll be having nibbles and our Secret Santa gift giving, so as there'll be lots going on I kept this card quick and simple.

The reindeer is stamped in gold and then heat embossed with gorgeous Jeweled Gold embossing powder so it is super sparkly. It's such a shame you can't tell from the pic how lovely the embossing looks in real life! I love this embossing powder for Christmas cards! The reindeer stamp is from an Inkadinkado clear set which also has a Christmas tree that would work for this card also so I'll let the ladies decide which image they'd like. As it's a quick card they could probably make both! A strip of patterned paper, rounded corners and some ribbon tied around the card in a knot and the card was done.




Supplies:
Stamps: Inkadinkado Holiday Sentiments clear set
CS: Anita's square cream card blank
Patterned paper: SU! Dashing Designer Series Paper pack
Ink: Encore Gold
Tools: X Cut Corner Rounder punch
Embellishments & accessories: Stamp 'n Stuff Jeweled Gold embossing powder, SU! Real Red grosgrain ribbon

Photobucket


Yay, it's the 1st of December, I get to open the first window on my advent calendar and light the advent candle! I always have a traditional advent calendar with pictures behind the windows, a chocolate advent calendar just doesn't do it for me!

Photobucket

1 comment:

Dawn B. said...

Ruth your blog looks amazing.. I love her layouts.. It is so sweet.. My favorite colors.. Looks like Robinhood Red and Baja Breeze.. This card is beautiful.. I love the way you embossed. What a gorgeous stamp... They will love it..

01 09 10