Tuesday 29 December 2009

Christmas Pudding Gift Card Holder

This is the gift card holder we gave to our great friends Debbie and Mike, who we spent Christmas Day with. I got the idea from the beanie gift card holder tutorial that appeared on Splitcoast Stampers a while ago. When I looked at the shape though I immediately thought of a Christmas pudding so I made mine a pud! Click here for the SCS tutorial - the page will open in a new window.

I used my large Coluzzle circle template to cut the two half circles in Chocolate Chip CS. I sponged some Choc Chip ink all over the front of my pudding and I added small punched black circles as currants. The red scalloped bottom piece was made using the SU! Scallop Border punch. Another circle punch was used for my holly berries and the holly leaves were made with a QuicKutz die. I sponged ink on all those shapes too and added some white gel pen highlights to my berries.

The circle sentiment element hides the eyelet hinge that allows the card front to swing up. To finish off, I added some Choc Chip grosgrain ribbon tied in a knot. This was such a fab, fun and festive project to make!



This pic shows the card open and you can see the gift card and receipt tucked inside.




Supplies:
Stamps: Sentiment from Hero Arts set
CS: SU! Chocolate Chip, Real Red, Garden Green & Whisper White
Ink: SU! Chocolate Chip, Real Red & Garden Green
Tools: Large Coluzzle circle template, Crop-A-Dile, SU! Scallop Border punch, circle punches, QuicKutz Holly die
Embellishments & accessories: SU! Chocolate Chip grosgrain ribbon, eyelet, white gel pen

Photobucket

1 comment:

Dawn B. said...

This is so cute Ruth.. I love this template.. I thought about making one for my girls for the holidays. May wait until Valentines.. So cute.> LOVE your blog background. I almost picked this one.Her sight is awesome...

01 09 10