Sunday 22 November 2009

Butterfly Thank You S10 Challenge Card

This is my card made for Joanne's SU! October Stamper's Ten challenge. Joanne gave us Kraft, Very Vanilla and Not Quite Navy CS, a piece of Bella Bleu patterned paper, some vanilla ribbon and the stamped thank you and butterfly elements. I love this colour scheme and I think the Bella Bleu patterned papers are so elegant. I'm sure the butterfly stamp set and matching punch will be on my order form in the not too distant future!

I made my A6 sized landscape card with Not Quite Navy CS, added a strip of the gorgeous patterned paper at the top and tied vanilla ribbon around the card in a knot. I used square Nestie dies to cut out my Kraft and patterned paper squares and I inked the patterned paper edges by swiping them on my Not Quite Navy ink pad. I swiped the edges of the vanilla and Kraft sentiment pieces too. I scored lines on both sides of the butterfly body so I could pop the wings up a bit and attached it to the central square with some tiny glue dots.




Supplies:
Stamps: SU! Flight of the Butterfly set
CS: SU! Not Quite Navy, Kraft & Very Vanilla
Patterned paper: SU! Bella Bleu Designer Series Paper pack
Ink: SU! Not Quite Navy
Tools: SU! Butterfly punch, square Nestabilities dies
Embellishments & accessories: SU! Very Vanilla grosgrain ribbon, self adhesive half pearls, 3d foam tape

Photobucket

4 comments:

Arielle H Gordon said...

Beautiful card, Ruth! The colors and layout are exquisite!

Sartassa said...

I totally agree with you here, these colours really look elegant! great composition!
hugs
Patricia

Dawn B. said...

I really love NQN.. I have never seen this dp.. It is so pretty.. WHat a unique layout.. I love this.

Zoe said...

Gorgeous card, lovely colour combination x

01 09 10