Sunday 4 October 2009

Petal Pizzazz Birthday Card for Gill - WCMD

Another card I made on World Card Making Day, using my new SU! Petal Pizzazz stamp set. I loved this set as soon as I saw it in the mini catty but have only just bought it. I thought I'd better grab it in case it didn't make it into the main catty - and I'm glad I did as it didn't make it in! I'm so pleased I got it, I love this set! I used it to make another card yesterday too.

This card will go to our friend Gill for her birthday later this month. The card measures 5 3/4" square. I used SU! Pretty in Pink for the card base and then layered Old Olive CS and Rose Red Prints paper. Nestability Labels One dies were used for the image layer and mat.

The flowers were stamped in Pretty in Pink, Regal Rose and Rose Red and then punched out with the SU! Scallop Circle punch. The leaves were stamped in Old Olive, trimmed and then I curled them a bit with my bone folder. The flowers are popped up with 3d foam pads and I added half pearls as centres. I added pearls to the four corners too. I rounded the right hand corners only. The sentiment is from the SU! Ovals All set and I used the matching oval punches. The main image panel and the sentiment are popped up.




Supplies:
Stamps: SU! Petal Pizzazz and Ovals All sets
CS: SU! Pretty in Pink, Whisper White, Chocolate Chip & Old Olive
Patterned paper: SU! Rose Red Prints Designer Series Paper pack
Ink: SU! Pretty in Pink, Regal Rose, Rose Red & Chocolate Chip
Tools: Labels One Nestabilities dies, SU! Scalloped Circle punch, SU! plain and scalloped oval punches, Crop-A-Dile Corner Chomper
Embellishments & accessories: SU! Old Olive grosgrain ribbon, self adhesive half pearls, 3d foam tape


Photobucket

1 comment:

Dawn B. said...

Ruth this is beautiful. I love the flowers.. I have not used this set in so long. It really makes a great birthday card. I just got back into town and will catch up soon..hugs from across the pond..

01 09 10