Sunday 25 October 2009

Chocolate Box Inspired Card # 2

I decided to make another snowflake card while I still had my supplies out for my first chocolate box inspired card. This time I took the large snowflake on the lid as my starting point. This card measures 5 3/4" square.

Again, I used Bazzill Doodlebug Swimming Pool, SU! Chocolate Chip and silver Mirri CS. The large snowflake and stars were cut using Sizzix dies. I found an aqua pearl brad in my stash which I used to attach the stars to the snowflake. The snowflake is popped up.

When it came to stamping the sentiment I was so nervous - I don't like stamping on textured CS but this time it came out perfect, phew! The gorgeous ribbon tied around the scalloped piece is from a Doodlebug Boutique Trims pack. To finish the card, I added 3 small punched snowflakes. This card was sent to our friend Jack.




Supplies:
Stamps: Merry Christmas sentiment by Elzybells
CS: Bazzill Doodlebug Swimming Pool, SU! Chocolate Chip & silver Mirri CS
Ink: SU! Chocolate Chip
Tools: Sizzix Snowflake #2 die, Sizzix Stars #2 die, SU! Scalloped Border punch, X Cut mini snowflake punch
Embellishments & accessories: Aqua pearl brad, Doodlebug Swimming Pool Boutique Trims pack, 3d foam pads

Photobucket

1 comment:

Sartassa said...

I absolutely love the small brown snowflakes in the upper right corner!

01 09 10