Monday 19 October 2009

CAS With Sympathy Card

Today's CAS challenge on Splitcoast Stampers is to make a sympathy card. Well, this is a first for me as I've never made one before. In fact, I thought I didn't have a sympathy sentiment but I remembered that the PaperTrey Ink Simple Little Things set has a lot of sentiments and I found this in there. I'm just funny about making sympathy cards - they're the only cards I've bought since I started making cards a few years ago. I'm not going to tempt fate by keeping this in my stash either - I really don't want to ever need a sympathy card - so this will go in my cards to be donated box.

As I've not made a sympathy card before, I needed all the help I could get! So, I took my colour scheme from the patterned paper and used the FTL 64 Fall to Layout from the Clean & Simple Stamping blog - which can be seen here - the page will open in a new window.

The card is a standard A6 size in SU! Really Rust. The leafy stem is stamped on More Mustard and the patterned paper is Daisy Bucket. The sentiment was cut out with a Spellbinders Labels Trio die. I die cut a Cuttlebug flower shape and then stamped a flower from PTI's Beautiful Blooms set. As SU! inks don't work well on clear stamps, I inked the stamp with VersaMark ink first and then used Really Rust ink. I punched the turquoise circle. The flower element is popped up.



The patterned paper has a touch of turquoise in it but I didn't want to use too much - you want to get the balance right with a sympathy card and not make something too jaunty. Hopefully, I've succeeded here!


Supplies:
Stamps: PaperTrey Ink Beautiful Blooms & Simple Little Things sets
CS: SU! Whisper White, Really Rust, More Mustard & Tempting Turquoise
Patterned paper: Daisy Bucket Garden Gate Buttercup
Ink: VersaFine Vintage Sepia, VersaMark & SU! Really Rust
Tools: Spellbinders Labels Trio die, X Cut small circle punch
Embellishments & accessories: Offray turquoise ribbon, 3d foam pads

Photobucket

1 comment:

LeAnne said...

This is a lovely sympathy card. Just the right feel of simplicity, especially with that great layout (that I haven't had a chance to use yet!)and perfect colors.

01 09 10