Tuesday 27 October 2009

Another Sparkly Tree Card

I really liked the sparkly tree card I made at Joanne's Make & Take evening so I decided to make another one using the Season of Joy stamp set I have on loan from my good stamping buddy Jan. I really don't want to give this set back but I can probably only get away with having it for another day or so! I used different colours and a square card this time but the layout is basically the same.

The card measures 5 3/4" square and was made with SU! Real Red CS. The dotty panel is Celery CS that I stamped the Polka Dot background stamp on using Olive ink. Rectangle Nesties were used for my layers. I stamped the tree in Old Olive ink and then sponged on some Certainly Celery ink, followed by some Old Olive ink around the outside edges. I then made the image super sparkly by using Stamp 'n Bond powder and crystal ultrafine glitter. I added a punched red star to the top of the tree for a pop of colour.

I used a new method for my ribbon knot on this card. Liz told me about it at the Make & take evening. You tie a loose knot in a strip of ribbon, cut a small separate piece of ribbon, insert this inside the loose knot and then pull tight - voila, a nice neat knot! Then you tape the ends of the ribbon behind the panel. Thanks for that great tip Liz!




Photobucket

Supplies:
Stamps: SU! Season of Joy set, SU! Polka Dot background stamp
CS: SU! Whisper White, Certainly Celery, Real Red & Old Olive
Ink: SU! Old Olive, Certainly Celery, VersaMark
Tools: Rectangle Nestabilities dies, Woodware small star punch, sponge dauber
Embellishments & accessories: Stamp 'n Bond powder, crystal ultrafine glitter, Ribbon Oasis red grosgrain ribbon

1 comment:

Sartassa said...

I absolutely love the knot, I haven't made christmascards yet but I will deffnitely use this one! I looooove the little red star ;)
bye the way I am new to this and English isn't my mothertongue, what do you mean when you write SU and CS ... stupid question huh?
*hugs*
Sartassa

01 09 10