Wednesday 23 September 2009

CAS Starry Masculine Thanks

I've made this card to say huge thanks to our friends Kevin and Peter. We stayed at their beautiful home in the Cotswolds and they arranged for us to have a lovely meal to celebrate our Silver Wedding Anniversary.

I chose Bashful Blue, Old Olive and More Mustard and the starry theme based on the SU! Rock Star Card Elements pack pictured in the SU! catty. I used a Sizzix die for the stars, popping some of them up with 3d foam pads.

The sentiment is from a clear set. SU! Classic inks bead up on clear stamps so I use chalk, pigment or VersaFine inks with my clear stamps. However, Kristina Werner gave a tip on a recent video about using VersaMark ink on the clear stamp before using SU! inks. I tried it for the sentiment on this card and it worked beautifully I'm chuffed to say!

Talking of Kristina, it's down to her videos that I have the Crop-A-Dile Corner Chomper for rounding my corners! I love that I can round all the corners of a card.




Supplies:
Stamps: sentiment from the Hero Arts Thank You Messages set
CS: SU! Bashful Blue, More Mustard & Old Olive
Patterned paper: SU! Old Olive Designer Series Prints pack
Ink: VersaMark & SU! Old Olive
Tools: Sizzix original Stars #2 die, Crop-A-Dile Corner Chomper
Embellishments & accessories: Pebbles Inc. Baby Blue and Spring Green Candy Dots, 3d foam pads


Photobucket

No comments:

01 09 10