Saturday 5 September 2009

Birthday Card & Gift Wallet for Debs

It's our good friend Debbie's birthday today and this is the card and money wallet I made for her. I chose the leafy Bloom & Grow paper especially as I know she loves leaves. She will have to wait until next week for her birthday hug as I'm still in the Cotswolds!

Nesties were used to cut out the circles. The flower is a Prima Hydrangea with a Rust brad in the centre. The flower is popped up with 3d foam pads. I used the fab Crop-A-Dile Corner Chomper to round all the corners of the card, I love being able to do that!



This is the very simple money wallet I made. I found some long narrow envelopes in my stash and so made the wallet to fit one of the envelopes. I cut Mellow Moss CS to 7" x 6 1/4" and scored at 1 1/4" and 4". I folded the 1 1/4" piece up and taped it down just at the sides to form a pocket so I could slip some banknotes in there. I used punches to make the circles and tied Vanilla ribbon around the card in a knot to keep the wallet closed.



I hope Debbie is having a wonderful birthday!


Supplies:
Stamps: Sentiment on card from Hero Arts, sentiment on wallet from SU! Best Yet set
CS: SU! Mellow Moss & Really Rust
Patterned Papers: My Mind's Eye Bloom & Grow
Ink: SU! Really Rust
Tools: Circle Nestability dies, Crop-A-Dile Corner Chomper, circle punches
Embellishments & accessories: Prima Hydrangea flower, Rust brad, SU! Very Vanilla grosgrain ribbon, 3d foam pads

Photobucket

No comments:

01 09 10