Friday 28 August 2009

With Love Card for Mike

This was the card I made for our great friend Mike after he suffered a bereavement. I don't own any sympathy stamps and have never made a sympathy card. For some reason, I've never felt comfortable making them. In the several years I've been making cards, sympathy cards are the only ones I've continued to buy from shops.

I knew I wanted to let Mike know how sorry we were and that we were thinking of him and then I saw the 'with love' stamp in the drawer and thought that would be the ideal sentiment. The main image is recycled from some promotional literature I received from Liz Earle, it seemed appropriate somehow.




Supplies:
Stamps: Hero Arts Design Block Flourish, 'with love' from the SU! Yummy set
CS: White CS, SU! More Mustard
Ink: Encore Silver
Tools: Circle punches, corner rounder punch
Embellishments & accessories: Image recycled from promotional literature, white sheer ribbon


Photobucket

2 comments:

Dawn B. said...

He will appreciate this terrific card. Great job Ruth..

Billie Dee said...

What a fascinating card! The gray paper is from a promotion? I've been wracking my brain trying to figure out how you did it.

01 09 10