Thursday 20 August 2009

Squares Pearly Thanks

This is the card I made for Joanne's July Stamper's Ten challenge. We were given CS in Pretty in Pink, Certainly Celery, Almost Amethyst and So Saffron, a piece of Tea Party DSP, some white ribbon and the pre-stamped square floral thanks panel. I didn't use the ribbon or the So Saffron CS.

I decided to make the floral panel the main focal point of the card and to make an all squares design. The card measures 4 3/4" square. I got busy with my square Nestability dies, cutting various sizes. I used a scalloped die for the largest square to tie it into the thanks panel. Then I just arranged the squares in diamond and square patterns. The floral thanks panel is popped up with 3d foam tape. To finish, I added tiny half pearls to the corners and flowers.




Supplies:
Stamps: SU! Live Your Dream set
CS: SU! Whisper White, Pretty in Pink, Certainly Celery, Almost Amethyst
Patterned Paper: SU! Tea Party DSP
Ink: SU! Amethyst and Celery markers
Tools: Square Nestability dies, SU! Scalloped Square punch
Embellishments & accessories: Tiny half pearls, 3d foam tape


Photobucket

1 comment:

Dawn B. said...

Ruth this turned out great. I love all those squares. That is alot of cutting. I hope your break is relaxing and refreshing. Sounds super...

01 09 10