Sunday 16 August 2009

Six Cards for Kevin

These are cards my good friend Kevin asked me to make for him. I'll be seeing him very soon as I'll be staying at the beautiful house in the Cotswolds for almost 3 weeks. My hubby Owen is coming too although he will be there for only 12 days. Both of us can't wait!

We will be celebrating our Silver Wedding Anniversary while we're away - wow, that makes me feel old! George Michael was at Number One in the charts with Careless Whisper on 31st August 1984 - but it could have been much worse, it could have been Black Lace with Agadoo! Owen worked in a record shop and we were both young enough to care about what was in the charts. I'm not sure either of us will know what the number one single in 2009 is!

The first two cards are made using Fresh Cuts note cards from SU! and the Fresh Cuts stamp set. I cut off the front of the note cards, stamped the images in Old Olive ink, trimmed them and these are popped up with 3d foam pads over some Lasting Impressions Cotton Candy dotty paper. The brads are also Cotton Candy by Lasting Impressions. I added a pink button tied with linen thread to the centres. The cards measure 4" square.



The next two cards are based on a bright 'take care of yourself' card I sent to a friend earlier this year. I used the 'a note for you' sentiment instead on these cards. I used SU! Whisper White, Barely Banana, Rose Red, Regal Rose, Taken with Teal and Certainly Celery CS on these cards. The flowers were made with EK Success punches. The large flowers have 1/2" circles as centres and the small flowers have crystal centres. The sentiment is from the SU! Sweet Little Sentiments set and is cut out with a Spellbinder's Label Trio die, mounted on a strip of Certainly Celery twill ribbon. The large teal flowers on both cards are popped up with 3d foam pads. These cards are A6 sized.



The last 2 A6 sized cards are the same as the very first card I blogged about here (the page will open in a new window).



I do hope Kevin is pleased with them - I just can't wait for next Saturday when I can deliver them in person!

Photobucket

No comments:

01 09 10