Monday 17 August 2009

CAS Masculine Thank You

Today's CAS challenge on Splitcoast Stampers was to make a masculine card - my least favourite cards to make so definitely a challenge for me!

For this card I embossed a rectangle on the front using a Nestability die - I've been meaning to try this technique for ages. I really like how it adds just a subtle little something to a card - and it can look very elegant.

I inked the tree stamp with Marvy markers, stamped the sentiment and cut out the shape with a Nestie die. The green strip has been embossed with a Cuttlebug border embossing folder and I added a thin sentiment strip above that. The embellishments are self adhesive Pebbles Inc. Candy Dots - I love them!




Supplies:
Stamps: Three Designer Leaves set, 'thanks so much' from Thank You Messages clear set and You're a Great Friend - all by Hero Arts
CS: SU! Chocolate Chip & Very Vanilla, Bazzill Saguaro
Ink: SU! Chocolate Chip and Marvy Le Plume II markers
Tools: Rectangle Nestabilities dies, dotty Cuttlebug border embossing folder from Just My Type set
Embellishments: Pebbles Inc. Chocolate Candy Dots


Photobucket

1 comment:

Dawn B. said...

I love the candy dots you sent to me. I have hoarded them. These colors are great for a manly card. Super job.

01 09 10