Friday 31 July 2009

Squares Stamp With Us Recipe Challenge Card

This card was made for this week's Stamp With Us challenge. This was a recipe challenge where you had to use two patterned papers, one ribbon and some hardware. I have some SU! Hodgepodge Hardware I got in a share but haven't really used it so this challenge was just the push I needed! Click here to visit the Stamp With Us blog and see the recipe challenge - the page will open in a new window.

One of the sketches I used in the recent Splitcoast Stampers Dare to Get Dirty challenges for my owl thank you card was fresh in my mind so I used that. On this card I substituted a square central image for the circle.

Nestability dies were used to cut all my squares. I used two different papers from the SU! Sweet Always DSP pack. I stamped the Fresh Cuts image in Old Olive and have sponged on some Pumpkin Pie ink. I chose the square hardware frame to use and I've attached two Felt Fusion flowers with a brad. I threaded Chocolate Chip grosgrain ribbon through the holes of the frame and tied this round the image with a knot. I then secured the frame with brads through the holes. Blimey, it was a tad tough getting the brads through the ribbon and CS! I've used Pumpkin and Chocolate brads from Pink Hedgehog Paper Crafts in the USA - they sell brads that match the SU colours.

The central square image is popped up with 3d foam tape. To finish off the card, I added Pumpkin Pie photo corners. I don't quite know why I went with rather autumnal shades, it's a gorgeous sunny day here in Sussex!




Supplies:
Stamps: SU! Fresh Cuts set
CS: SU! Whisper White, Old Olive, Chocolate Chip & Pumpkin Pie
Patterned paper: SU! Sweet Always DSP pack
Ink: SU! Old Olive & Pumpkin Pie
Tools: Plain square Nestability dies, Sizzix Sizzlits Photo Corners #2 die
Embellishments & accessories: Square SU! Hodgepodge Hardware frame, SU! Chocolate Chip grosgrain ribbon, SU! Felt Fusion flowers, Pink Hedgehog Paper Crafts Pumpkin and Chocolate brads, 3d foam tape


Hope the sun is shining for you too!

Photobucket

1 comment:

Dawn B. said...

Ruth I love this. The photo corners draw your eye right to the middle. Really nice colors. Great job.

01 09 10