Monday 13 July 2009

Cuddly Buddly Ruby Wedding Anniversary Card

I made this Ruby Wedding Anniversary card for Carol & Robin. Cute bears are not normally my thing but Carol loves cute stuff, especially teddies so I thought this image was perfect. I coloured it using Coloursoft pencils and Zest-It solvent - but I used a Koh-i-noor metallic gold pencil for the cork on the champagne bottle.

Nesties were used for the image and layer. I embossed the white circle and then ran Stickles Crystal glitter glue around the edge. The red layer was popped up. White candy dots were added to the red Nestie shape. The embossed swirly background was made with a Sizzix Texture plate. I like these for larger square cards where CB embossing folders are not big enough - although you don't get quite as deep an impression.

I printed the sentiment from the PC using the Hardwood LP Std font and the RGB colour codes for SU! Real Red. I added a die cut heart to the sentiment. EK Success flower punches and Sizzix Decorative Strip die cuts were used to decorate the envelope.




Supplies:
Stamps: Celebration Bears from Cuddly Buddly
CS: SU! Real Red and Whisper White
Ink: Black StazOn
Tools: Derwent Coloursoft pencils, Zest-It natural solvent, Circle and Labels Three Nestabilities dies, Sizzix Ivy Flourishes Texture Plate (from Texturz Kit #19), EK Success flower punches, Sizzix Decorative Strip Ribbons die
Embellishments: Red & white spotty ribbon from the Glitter Pot, Pebbles. Inc white Candy Dots, Star Dust Stickles, 3d foam pads


Photobucket

1 comment:

Amraselensar said...

Aah! What a beautifully made card. I love the ribbon and the sentiment, your colouring is fantastic and your choice of colours is so good.

01 09 10