Friday 10 July 2009

Owen's Birthday Card & Money Holder Card

I used a few of my new goodies to make these cards for Owen's birthday. This is the first time I've used SU! Kraft CS and I really like it. I'm just peeved that we can only buy it in a mixed pack of neutral CS, I really wish we could buy whole packs. I'll have to keep my fingers crossed we get that in the new catty!

For the card, I used embossed DP from the My Mind's Eye Bloom & Grow 6" x 6" pad and I cut it out with a Go Kreate Pointy Frame die. The leaf behind the ribbons and buttons is a die cut shape from the MME Bloom & Grow Decoupage pack. I'm not sure why they've called it a decoupage pack as it's not strictly decoupage - just floral themed die cut shapes. I've sponged distress ink onto the frame and leaf shapes. The large brown button was tied on to the Very Vanilla ribbon and I added 2 further buttons with linen thread put through the holes. I stamped the tree and trimmed it and I've popped that up with 3d foam pads.



For the front of the money holder card, I used a cream A6 card blank and used the Go Kreate Pointy Frame dies again. OK, so I know a flower is not very masculine - but I liked the hearts going around the edge and I knew Owen wouldn't mind a flower LOL! I sponged Choc Chip ink around the flower and leaf and the flower is popped up with 3d foam pads.



For the inside of the money holder card, I used my SU! Slit Punch so I could slot the banknotes into the slit. Then I used my SU! plain and scalloped oval punches for the sentiment.




Supplies:
Stamps: Splendor (tree) by Penny Black, Birthday Wishes is from SU! Wow Flowers set, To You from Me is from SU! Best Yet set and With Love is from the SU! Yummy set
CS: SU! Kraft and Chocolate Chip
Patterned Paper: My Mind's Eye Bloom & Grow 6" x 6" pad and Decoupage Pack
Ink: SU! Chocolate Chip, Tim Holtz Distress Ink in Peeled Paint and Tea Dye
Tools: Go Kreate Frame Pointy #1 dies, SU! circle punches, SU! Slit Punch
Embellishments: Buttons, linen thread, SU! Very Vanilla grosgrain ribbon, 3d foam pads

Photobucket

1 comment:

Amraselensar said...

Fab!!!! I am sure Owen loved both the card and money holder they both look fantastic.

01 09 10