Wednesday 29 July 2009

Let It Snow Sketch Card

I really liked the look of the sketch on today's sketch challenge on Splitcoast Stampers so I decided to play along - and add another Christmas card to my stash. I thought it was a great sketch for using patterned paper - especially double sided like the Pebbles Inc. paper I used here. Click here to visit the Sketch Challenge 239 thread on Splitcoast Stampers (the page will open in a new window).

I used a Go Kreate Frame Pointy #1 die for the image (LOVE that shape!) and my tall rectangle Nestie dies for the patterned paper and olive mats.

The image was coloured with watercolour pencils and I've added Stickles to the snowman's nose and glitter to the bottom of the letters. I lightly sponged blue ink on the main image panel and ran the ink pad round the edge of the shape too. The main image panel and the snowman head are both popped up with 3d foam tape.




Supplies:
Stamps: SU! Big On Christmas set
CS: White CS, SU! Not Quite Navy and Old Olive CS
Patterned paper: double sided Pebbles Inc. Snow Fun Tiny Flakes/Stripe
Ink: VersaFine Onyx Black, SU! Bashful Blue
Tools: Watercolour pencils, Go Kreate Concentrics Frame Pointy #1 die, tall rectangle Nestabilities dies, XCut mini snowflake punch, 1/16" hole punch
Embellishments & accessories: Crystal ultrafine glitter, Orange Peel Stickles, 3d foam tape



Photobucket

1 comment:

Dawn B. said...

It is so hot and humid here in NC that I am ready for some snow..LOL. This is awesome. I love this fun set. Great job.

01 09 10