Sunday 26 July 2009

Dare to Get Dirty - Coneflower Thanks So Much

Made for the Dare to Get Dirty Black and White and Red All Over challenge. We were to make a black and white card with just a touch of red. I've CASEd the design from a set of fab cards I saw in 2007 made by Flaxychick in the Splitcoast Stampers Dirty Dozen gallery. I've also borrowed the layout from a card we made at one of Joanne's Stamper's Ten Make and Take evenings.

I stamped the petals on a page from a gardening magazine and stuck them to white card before trimming them. I've glued the points under the cone flat but I've popped the bottom of the petals up with 3d foam pads.

The sentiment frame is popped up also. To finish off the card I added Pebbles Inc. Black Candy Dots to the card corners.




Supplies:
Stamps: SU! Pick a Petal and Sincere Salutations sets
CS: White CS, SU! Basic Black and Real Red
Ink: Black StazOn, SU! Real Red
Tools: SU! Ticket Corner punch, 1" circle punch
Embellishments & accessories: Black ric rac, black and white stitched ribbon, Pebbles Inc. Black Candy Dots, 3d foam pads

Photobucket

No comments:

01 09 10