Sunday 26 July 2009

Dare to Get Dirty - Cake Birthday Wishes

A card made for two Dare to Get Dirty challenges - the Good Enough to Eat! (make a food related card) and Colour Combo challenge. The colour combo was Real Red, More Mustard and Bashful Blue. Hmmmm, I'm definitely not a fan of mustard so I thought I would go outside my comfort zone and take part in this challenge! Can't say I'm convinced by this colour combo now I've done it either LOL!

I've coloured the image with Coloursoft pencils and blended with Zest-It. I added yellow Stickles to the candle flame. Rectangle Nestie dies were used for the mat and layers. The diamond border at the bottom on the Real Red strip was made with the Sizzix 'Ribbons' Hello Kitty Decorative Strip die and I added some Candy Dots.




Supplies:
Stamps: Stampendous 'Patisserie', sentiment from Hero Arts Clear Design Birthday Wishes set
CS: Elzybells smooth white CS, SU! Real Red, More Mustard and Bashful Blue
Ink: Black StazOn, SU! Real Red
Tools: Plain and scalloped rectangle Nestability dies, circle punches, Sizzix 'Ribbons' Decorative Strip die, Derwent Coloursoft Pencils, Zest-It natural solvent, blending stumps
Embellishments & accessories: Yellow Stickles, Pebbles Inc. Baby Blue Candy Dots

Photobucket

No comments:

01 09 10