Monday 27 July 2009

CAS Flower Note For You

Today's CAS challenge on Splitcoast Stampers was to follow a sketch based on a card Krystie Lee made. Click here to visit the CAS challenge thread.

I stamped the flower and leaves and cut them out. The leaves are glued flat but I've popped up the flower with 3d foam pads. I used square Nestie dies for my mat and layer.

The patterned paper is from the gorgeous My Mind's Eye Bloom and Grow collection - as is the sheer ribbon. I was so happy to find inks that went with the paper - and delighted to find the metal embellishment that I put in the centre of the flower. You just never know when a long hoarded embellishment from a pack in your stash will be just the perfect thing!




Supplies:
Stamps: My Cute Stamps 'Spunky Nature' clear set, sentiment from SU! Sweet Little Sentiments set
CS: White CS, SU! Old Olive
Patterned paper: My Mind's Eye Bloom & Grow 6" x 6" pad
Ink: ColorBox Celadon and Moss Green, SU! Pumpkin Pie
Tools: Square Nestability dies
Embellishments & accessories: My Mind's Eye Bloom & Grow Ribbon Set, PaperMania self adhesive metal embellishment, 3d foam pads


Photobucket

2 comments:

Dawn B. said...

This is beautiful Ruth. I have been cleaning my STASH for 2 days now. I am clearing off my desk and getting ready for fall. Hope you have a great week. This is a pretty card and I love it.

Abi Bundy said...

Love your card very pretty!

01 09 10