Friday 3 July 2009

CAS Cat Window

A CAS (clean and simple) card using the lovely SU! Window Dressing hostess stamp set. This gave me more practice using my coloured pencils and solvent. I started off by using Sansodor low odour mineral spirits to blend my Derwent Coloursoft pencils - low odour? - I think not! I found the smell too much so I now use Zest-It which is a natural solvent that smells of oranges. Much nicer! I found that it blends just as well as the Sansodor does. I purchased the Zest-It Pencil & Parchment Blend with a dropper top from J&T's Art & Calligraphy eShop.

I stamped the window, cat and bird on Elzybells smooth white CS. I stamped the bird and cat separately and then trimmed round them. The bird is glued flat but I've popped up the cat using 3d foam pads.

I rounded the corners of my image panel and layer and the bottom corners of the card. The scallop on the right side of the image is made with punched 1/2" circles glued behind the green layer.







Supplies:
Stamps: SU! Window Dressing and Oval All stamp sets
CS: SU! Creamy Caramel, Always Artichoke, Really Rust and Very Vanilla, Elzybells smooth white
Tools: Derwent Coloursoft pencils, Zest It solvent, stumps, SU! plain and scalloped oval punches and 1/2" circle punch, corner rounder punch
Embellishments: SU! Very Vanilla grosgrain ribbon

Photobucket

2 comments:

Dawn B. said...

I am so excited. You have a blog. That is so wonderful Ruth. I think blogs are so much fun. I can't wait to see all of your creations. I so want to design my blog like this. I have tried to do the signature stuff and all this design stuff and I can't get it.. Yours looks fantastic. I just got back from vacation so I will catch up soon. Your card is adorable. Great coloring.. TTYS

Michelle Short said...

Such a cute card, I love that image and the cat popped up finishes it off. Love the sentiment and those punches, I sucummed and got them too! x

01 09 10